The Busca Formula
The Busca Formula fins are the result of 3 years intensive R&D. On top of that, our experienced team riders have extensively tested numerous prototypes. They describe our fins as “predictable”, “easy to rail” and “foils upwind”.
Size and stiffness recommendations
The Busca Formula comes in six sizes and three different bending curves to match different board/sail/sailor combinations. Generally speaking, light wind conditions favour softer and bigger cut down designs, while medium and stronger winds require a reduced fin area and some more stiffness. Heavier sailors need more stiffness and fin area while lighter sailors can get away with a softer fin and a bit less area. Due to our optimized plan form shape you can use a smaller cut down! If you compare our fins in terms of power with a Kashy style fin you can use a 2 cm smaller cutdown, for example a 74(70) Kashy should be compared with our 72(70).
For personal advice please contact us!
- Purpose optimised profile
- Redesigned shape to match new powerful wide tail design Formula boards
- High torsional rigidity
- Handcrafted in precision CNC machined moulds using high quality Lloyd’s approved materials
- Sizes: 68, 70, 72(70), 74(70), 76(70), 78(70)
- Available in three different bending curves
- Recommended rake: +0.5° to +4°, Default rake +1°
- Customer receives complete measurement documentation with his/her fin
- Price €400